Center for Health Development No. 4A (CHD 4A) is the DOH Regional Field Office for Calabarzon covering the mainland provinces and cities of Cavite, Laguna, Batangas, Rizal and Quezon.
CHD 4A is responsible for the field operations of the Department of Health in the Calabarzon region and it is mandated to implement and monitor health and health-related laws, regulations, policies and programs; and to coordinate with regional offices of other departments, offices and national government agencies as well as local government units within the region.
CHD 4A has currently 5 major divisions, as follows:
(1) Support to Operations (STO) – which consists of the Health Human Resource Development (HHRD); and Planning, Statistics and Computer Units (PSCU) are directly under the supervision of the Regional Director and / or Asst. Regional Director. This division provides support to the operations service to the agency and DOH field extension offices in Calabarzon provinces.
(2) Management Support Service Cluster (MSSC) – is responsible for ensuring the adequate administrative support services to the organization such as personnel service; cashiering; property and supply management; records management, budgeting; accounting, and house-keeping management which includes the dormitory, transport, security, engineering and maintenance services.
(3) Local Health Assistance Division (LHAD) – is tasked to coordinate, monitor and oversee all the health assistance (both technical and logistics) being provided by the DOH and CHD to local government units and other sectors. LHAD monitored the following program support components:
- Support to Inter-Local Health Zones (ILHZs) and Sector-wide Development Approach for Health (SDAH including PIPH development)
- Health Emergency Management Service (HEMS)
- Support to Local Health Board
- Voluntary Blood Service Program
- Health Facility Development / Enhancement Program
- Botika ng Barangay (BnB): Gamot na Mura, Abot Kaya (GMA), Botika para sa Manggagawa
- Health Care Financing
- Disease Surveillance and Epidemiology
- Support to Barangay Health Workers′ (BHW) Program
- CHD 4A Assistance and Management Program (CHAMP)
(4) Regulations and Licensing Enforcement Division (RLE) – the office is mandated to ensure the quality and safety of health services, goods and products by enforcing regulations and licensing standards.
(5) Health Operations Service (HOS) – previously the Technical Services Division, is the office in charge for the operation of the following components:
- Health program / policy development, monitoring and evaluation
- Health advocacy and promotion
- Technical & logistic assistance for health facilities, programs/ projects
- Research and development
- Epidemiology and surveillance
(6) Hospital Operations – provides direct service delivery in the DOH retained hospital.
- Batangas Regional Hospital (BRH) – 250 beds, tertiary general hospital; located in Batangas City
QMMC Comp., Project 4, Q.C.
Source: DOH CHD 4a Website